Tikka Varmint urge?

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
Waldo
.270 Winchester

Tikka Varmint urge?

Post by Waldo »

Mmmm last week I developed a bit of an urge for a Tikka Varmint in .223, not real sure why but kinda hoped over the weekend the feeling would go away.

Have spent the weekend so far building a small landing/deck on the shed and will spend the arvo with the youngest (beer and bacho's 8) ) and not shooting or hunting this weekend has just made that urge just as strong if not stronger :roll:

May look at off loading/trading a couple I don't use much on the Tikka or maybe the urge will just go away by itself :roll: :lol: :lol:
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Tikka Varmint urge?

Post by Camel »

Well I spose an urge is the same as an itch, you better scratch it mate, it won't go away

I reckon seeing you have the 17 and a 222 a 20 cal would be betterer, either version would do the trick
223 fanboy
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 223 Rem

Re: Tikka Varmint urge?

Post by 223 fanboy »

Mine is my favourite rifle Waldo. You won't regret it.
Waldo
.270 Winchester

Post by Waldo »

Camel wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:11 pm Well I spose an urge is the same as an itch, you better scratch it mate, it won't go away Image
There is always hope, even though I do have to stop in at the LGS to grab some 12g shells this week sometime :roll: :lol:
Camel wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:11 pm I reckon seeing you have the 17 and a 222 a 20 cal would be betterer, either version would do the trick Image Image
Mmm nah, no 20cal on principle :o The twotwotwo would be off loaded plus maybe the 30/30 as it doesn;t get out much now :wink:
223 fanboy wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:57 pm Mine is my favourite rifle Waldo. You won't regret it.
Yeh, made the mistake of carrying my T3 30/06 for a few weekends and it reminded me of how nice those things are to carry and easy they are to shoot :D
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

Waldo I have read this quote in many many posts 'I regret selling......'

They are for buying, not selling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by Brad Y »

Rather like mine, so you might as well do what the shoe brand says...
mn1863
.222 Remington

Post by mn1863 »

Never know unless you try. 8)
Waldo
.270 Winchester

Post by Waldo »

I must confess I had a peek at one in the shop this arvo when grabbing something else :roll: Typical Tikka feels good in the hands, smooth as silk with a stock that is nothing exciting to look at but would no doubt shoot like stink :wink:

On one hand I want one on the other hand if I want to go all varmint like I could just use the 5.6x57 and make things really really dead :shock: :lol: :lol:
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

And the deaderer the betterer

trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

Waldo I was thinking of a long range fallow rifle ( yeah pretty dumb when I already have one) and saw a t3 varmint in 270 wsm brand new for a grand. Because it would be used as a club on me I passed. But I couldn't let a bargain like that escape. I alerted whisky wombat. He is very pleased.
They are a damn good rifle

Waldo
.270 Winchester

Post by Waldo »

Rest easy, gone off the idea (for now) :roll:

Went out this morning for a casual stroll to tag some roos, threw the 5.6x57 in just in case. Got out there and it was blowing a gale so the decision was an easy one and the 5.6x57 got the knod. Those 75g Amax's did an awesome job on the cross gully shots (which everything is out there). It really did increase my hit rate a lot from 2 weeks ago, yes it is a heavy son of a bitch and is a sloppy old noisy Mauser but it really worked very well :shock: :lol: :lol:

Better go prep some brass as I only have 8 loaded rounds left and lots more tags to fill :wink: