CZ problem

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

CZ problem

Post by trevort »

I mentioned in the rabbit shooting topic that I had to pick up my leatherman after squishing the invading bullant that was claiming it.

Well it was beside me because my CZ452 has an annoying habit that after a few hundred shots that it stops extracting fired cases from the chamber and you have to put the leatherman knife blade under the case rim to prise it out. Not every round, but enough to be annoying.

Then I clean the bore/chamber and under the extractor claws and its fine for another couple of hundred rounds.

Is this a common problem? Is there a permanent fix?
Tackleberry
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 17HMR

Re: CZ problem

Post by Tackleberry »

are you using subs
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

Yes. Exclusively

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bimbo
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 17HH

Post by bimbo »

Some 22lr has plenty of wax on it, I'm guessing it gradually builds up in the chamber

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
Tackleberry
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 17HMR

Post by Tackleberry »

thats your problem ...... the cz has a sloppy chamber well mine did and as such there isn't enough pressure in a sub

to seal the chamber walls and a bit of wax and powder residue gets pushed back every shot , i found hv stuff lasted

a lot longer but it still happened .

i didn't clean the barrel as my cz didn't like it so i just cleaned the chamber my model 2E never had this problem as

it has a tighter chamber .
B4408
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 20VT

Post by B4408 »

Trevort
Never had that problem with my 2012 model. A few thousand rounds, cleaned bolt once and barrel a few times, may have done around chamber when I did bolt but for no reason.
Shoot mainly Win T22 or CCI subs.

Bruce
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

When you clean under the extractor, (right side of bolt) and holds, (left side of bolt), do you take them off the bolt, if so, make sure you don't over stretch the little collar spring that holds them on as this can lead to the right side one letting go. You have worked out that the two are different, the left one is rounded and the right one, the true extractor, has a sharp hook.

I have done a couple of threads on how I used to clean my work rifle, when there were rabbits enough to shoot, :roll: I think I included photos of what I am talking about above. And Yep the chamber gets a good cleaning, but the barrel occasionally.

I never used subs as I cant see the point of them. HV isn't that much louder and I prefer flatter trajectory and better hitting power. :D
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

cheers guys.

Camel the bolt hasn't come apart since you did it. I'm not even sure where I put the special disassembly tool you gave me.

I'll clean the chamber more often :idea:
DSD
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by DSD »

Although i clean regularly enough to not have the extraction problems you blokes are talking about i have experienced the loss of accuracy you are referring to after cleaning a cz 22.
I simply changed what i clean with and the problem no longer exists. I clean all my 22 barrels with penetrene, more lead (chunks) and other crap comes out the forst time you use penetrene than ever before but the first shoot is straight back to point of aim.
I know a few competition guys who regularly only clean the chamber (even between target details) with inox on a brush for no loss of accuracy either but I have never tried this method

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
fenring

Post by fenring »

My mate's 452 has the same extraction problem occasionally.

He's not big on maintenance insofar as fully cleaning the bolt though....
DSD
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by DSD »

Another thing for you blokes that do not vlean your 22.
When you get the ring of crud that forms around your muzzle/crown, if you let it go to long and a piece of the ring falls off accuracy will suffer so it pays to occasionally wipe it off before it happens

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

trevort wrote:cheers guys.

Camel the bolt hasn't come apart since you did it. I'm not even sure where I put the special disassembly tool you gave me.

I'll clean the chamber more often :idea:

I can believe that you lost that special tool, :shock: do you have any idea how much labour goes into making one of them, unbelievable :roll:

Luckily for you, you wont need it to clean under the cir-clip, that will come off using a very fine jewellers screwdriver, you just need to get the tip of the driver under one end of the clip and only lifting the end enough to clear the recess, gently lift that end over the extractor/holder enough to clear it. WARNING: don't over stretch the cir-clip. Then take it off and put it somewhere very safe and take out the extractor and holder and clean out the crud that builds up in the little channels on the side of the bolt. Then put everything back in the exact reverse order as you took it off.

Remember how I stuffed the chamber end of my barrel. :oops:
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

No Camel. You have met me. You know you just wrote a description of my destruction of my 22

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk