Howa classic laminate varminter

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
bsg
Favourite Cartridge: .22-250

Howa classic laminate varminter

Post by bsg »

G'day all
I'm in the market for a new rifle and really like the look of the Howa classic laminate varminter (.223Rem) in the nutmeg/blued that I saw on the legacy website but can't seemed to find any body that stocks it in Australia.
I can get a Howa 1500 HB with a boyd thumbhole stock easy enough but really wanted the classic laminate stock.
Any ideas??
Cheers Brett
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Re: Howa classic laminate varminter

Post by trevort »

would the importer be able to tell you if any of their dealers had one?
zook60
Favourite Cartridge: 223

Post by zook60 »

Importers dont know dealers stock levels. OSA are the importer, shoot them an email to see if they actually bring it into the country.
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

zook60 wrote:Importers dont know dealers stock levels. OSA are the importer, shoot them an email to see if they actually bring it into the country.

but they know who ordered them (if they are available here) so you know which dealers are worth calling
zook60

Post by zook60 »

True but this rifle is generally not something a shop will just buy for shop stock, if a shop ordered one its going to be because its presold to a customer.
No harm in trying tho, you never know.
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

I don't even know anything about the rifle. Just trying to be helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bsg
Favourite Cartridge: .22-250

Post by bsg »

Thanks for the response guy's.
I've decided to go with a Howa 1500 varmint blued with a hogue stock in .223 for now and look for an aftermarket stock later on.
The most annoying part is I can order a rifle from QLD and get it shipped down to my LGS in the southwest of Sydney for $100 cheaper than the local can or will supply it.
The QLD shop is $569 with pic rail thrown in. Add shipping and transfer and I'm looking at $694
My LGS won't budge from $795.
I'm sure the QLD mob bought a lot to get a discount and I don't expect the local to match $569 but if they'd match the $694 (and throw in the rail) it's going to cost me then they'd have my money right now.
zook60

Post by zook60 »

A few things as far as I know the rail actually comes with the barreled action in the box. Some dealers decide to take it out and sell it seperately. You need to remember if you have any issues with the rifle thats when it gets complicated buying from interstate. Your $100 discount may become a pain in the arse.
Great choice on rifle.It will serve you well.
You may be able to ring cleavers and get them to sell you a howa varmint allready in a boyds stock. I know they stock boyds laminate stocks.