newbie to varminting

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
tash

newbie to varminting

Post by tash »

I'm new to varminting and i'm looking forward to see what varminting is all about!! :D
lowndsie
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by lowndsie »

Welcome aboard tash....glad to have our first member!!! :P

Im sure over the next few days you'll see a whole of information pop up on this forum and I'm sure theres alot to be learnt from everyone.

I'll be adding some reviews and stories over the weekend so stay posted!!!
siacci

Post by siacci »

Vaminting is a lot of fun and is a more than practical pastime. The farmers love us. My brother and I shoot foxes mostly but as we knock over the fox population the rabbits pick up. So we get into them as well.

Dave
Bradster1968

Post by Bradster1968 »

I'm also new to varminting. I have recently purchased a Remington 700 SPS Varmint in 22/250, topped with a Bushnell Elite 3200 5-15 x 50 and took it up to the Riverina region of southern NSW for some spotlighting. My tally for the night was one rabbit, two foxes and three roos (permits in place of course). To say the least, I am well and truly hooked. This is an awesome sport. Have a blast!
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

Bradster1968 wrote:I'm also new to varminting. I have recently purchased a Remington 700 SPS Varmint in 22/250, topped with a Bushnell Elite 3200 5-15 x 50 and took it up to the Riverina region of southern NSW for some spotlighting. My tally for the night was one rabbit, two foxes and three roos (permits in place of course). To say the least, I am well and truly hooked. This is an awesome sport. Have a blast!
Thats great to hear mate! Welcome to AusVarmint I look forward to many a trip report from you!!!