Suggestions Please.

Read here often for site updates and other Site related news.
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Suggestions Please.

Post by kjd »

What would you guys like to see done on this site?

All suggestions considered though all may not be possible due to logistical/political reasons.

Cheers!
jeffk
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 338WM

Post by jeffk »

Hi,

Any chance we can have (Or option to have if not everyone wants this!):

Contents of PM's or thread posts sent with the notification email?

A way to view and manage our subscribed threads?

Ability to creat custom folders for both PM storage and thread subscriptions?

Many thanks! :D
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

jeffk wrote:Hi,

Any chance we can have (Or option to have if not everyone wants this!):

Contents of PM's or thread posts sent with the notification email?

A way to view and manage our subscribed threads?

Ability to creat custom folders for both PM storage and thread subscriptions?

Many thanks! :D
LoL Sorry to say this mate but as far as I am know of its a No, Maybe, No to your three questions.

Unfortunately whilst these boards are good at what they do they don't allow much customisation without some serious coding!
jeffk
22-250 Remington

Post by jeffk »

kjd wrote:LoL Sorry to say this mate but as far as I am know of its a No, Maybe, No to your three questions.

Unfortunately whilst these boards are good at what they do they don't allow much customisation without some serious coding!
Well, if you don't ask... :cry:

On a serious note though, these are all standard features on other boards I'm on (But ones that are sometimes turned off by the admin to avoid abuse), so I kind of figured it would be standard. This board looks different to most, but I didn't know if that was simply your chosen skin for it.

Rather than tie up this thread and bore everyone, I'll PM you the details of a couple of boards I'm on, both based on the most common software, just so you can see what I'm on about....
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

That would be good mate!
Archfile
.17 HMR

Post by Archfile »

I'd use a feature to 'tag' certain topics as 'not of interest' so they don't show up as having 'new' postings in the topic..

for example if someone posts 'please look at my ass' and i decide I don't care if anyone replies, it would be nice to tag the topic so that it doesnt bother telling me in the catagories that there is a NEW post in the subtopics..

I don't think phpBB2 allows for this, but if wishes were fishes, we'd all cast nets.

-Arch
jeffk
22-250 Remington

Post by jeffk »

Archfile wrote:I'd use a feature to 'tag' certain topics as 'not of interest' so they don't show up as having 'new' postings in the topic..

for example if someone posts 'please look at my ass' and i decide I don't care if anyone replies, it would be nice to tag the topic so that it doesnt bother telling me in the catagories that there is a NEW post in the subtopics..

I don't think phpBB2 allows for this, but if wishes were fishes, we'd all cast nets.

-Arch
Actually, that's another good one - can the admin remove us from some topics, so when we go to "new posts since last visit" the screen doesn't show any in those topics?
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

Guys all great Ideas but no mods exist except for the watch topics one really!

I am no mod writer myself so I can't write one either.

I was more meaning content with the suggestions like a new forum (one for larger varmints(pigs goats deer etc etc) or a live chat suggestion etc etc?
jeffk
22-250 Remington

Post by jeffk »

kjd wrote:I was more meaning content with the suggestions like a new forum (one for larger varmints(pigs goats deer etc etc) or a live chat suggestion etc etc?
Ah, well why didn't you say? :? :lol:

OK, how about a section where people can organise meet ups, maybe swap visits ot other's people's properties, or even advertise available shooting, recommend paid-for shooting properties or shooting wanted (The latter being the most popular, I suspect?) :wink:
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

Now thats a good suggestion I will talk to GriMo about it and see what we can do :D
Ackley Improved
6mm Dasher

Post by Ackley Improved »

Up the top right, add mark all posts as read for the whole forum, just not topics. That way, I can wipe the slate clean to say fort he whole forum in one go!

Cheers
AI
Simpson
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 22-250, 243, 308, ..

Post by Simpson »

Ackley Improved wrote:Up the top right, add mark all posts as read for the whole forum, just not topics. That way, I can wipe the slate clean to say fort he whole forum in one go!

Cheers
AI
How does that differ from the "mark all forum read" at the bottom left corner of the forum index? :? :oops:
Ackley Improved
6mm Dasher

Post by Ackley Improved »

Ah...... well there you go... so there it is.. hiding down the bottom there.....

CHeers
AI
gate7

Re: Suggestions Please.

Post by gate7 »

Just wanted to say Hi, since i'm new to this site and still going through it, i thought I'd make a suggestion or 2.
As you suggested earlier maybe you could put in a few categories like Deer Stalking or Pig Hunting etc.. And inside that category there could be discussions on calibres, re-loading etc.
Maybe they already exist but i haven't found them yet. :lol:
So far I can say this is a great site with heaps of potential for everyone interested in hunting, maybe even some fishing included.

Thanks
Gate7
kjd
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions Please.

Post by kjd »

http://ausvarmint.kjd84.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check out that mate "The Hunter's Hut" covers all the other hunting stuff.