Forum Re-Organisation (Please Read)

Read here often for site updates and other Site related news.
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Forum Re-Organisation (Please Read)

Post by kjd »

Gday Fella's,

Just a quick note about the changes in the forum.

I have tried to Categorise things a bit better here for people to find stuff easier and for the stuff that we need to let you guys know about to be up the top.

All AusVarmint Official Generated content such as AusVarmint.tv, AusVarmint Blogs and Announcements are now at the top. This is basically because this content is more archival and open for Guests to see. So in effect it becomes more like a website then just a forum but that is only for those things. The rest of the forums are as normal.

I also in the future may look at removing some forums or merging them as subforums to make the index page a little shorter so our Aus Airgun Friends don't have to scroll down as far.

Also if you just look at a certain Category of Forum here are the DIRECT Links to Them:

For AusVarmint Content & News Only Book Mark this:
http://ausvarmint.kjd84.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=43" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Varmint Forums
http://ausvarmint.kjd84.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=22" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Other Forums (Forsale and off topic etc etc)
http://ausvarmint.kjd84.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=23" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AusAirgun Forums
http://ausvarmint.kjd84.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=24" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So if you are just an airgunner and not interested in any other thing on the site just book mark AusAirgun Forums Link and thats all you will see.
(Please note that to get back to the main front page of the forum all you have to do is click AusVarminters Forum Index Page.)

I hope you all see the benefit of this and it hasn't thrown you out too much.
Regards,
Keith.
Ned Kelly
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 6PPC

Re: Forum Re-Organisation (Please Read)

Post by Ned Kelly »

G'Day Keith,
how about having a "box/tab/button" jigger or whatever they are called up the top for a link to the "home page", you can go from the "home page" to the "forum", but there is no quick way to go from the "forum" to the "home page". Are you with me? :wink:

Something like the FAQ/Links/members "box/tab/button" would do. Your choice of course.

Cheerio Ned
Simpson
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 22-250, 243, 308, ..

Post by Simpson »

While your re-organising things, why not have a specific category of forum for Vortex, Shane and Lewis? That is rather than having them in a sub forum?
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

Because Simpson, I'm trying to minimise the number of forums on the main page and if I did that for everyone It would be a mile long.

Ned I hear ya mate something I'm going to look into.
Simpson
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 22-250, 243, 308, ..

Post by Simpson »

Fair enough. I only bring it up as I would have thought it would be better for everyone to see those, more so than ones like "Live Chat" or "News Room" which hardly get used at all.

No problem though, it is only a suggestion.

Keep up the good work though, I like the blog idea, I might take you up on it when I get more time. :wink: :wink:
native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Post by native hunter »

G"Day
I have two squares with x's in them next to my new messages and login at the top right of my page.
Whats the go with this, only appeared since the shuffle.
How can I get rid of them.?
Its the same symbol that appears when pictures wont come down, its fine everywhere else.
Regards
native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Post by native hunter »

seems to be fixed now.!!