Happy Birthday Raven

Read here often for site updates and other Site related news.
daisy
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 7-08

Happy Birthday Raven

Post by daisy »

Have a good one
barryb
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 17 ackley hornet

Re: Happy Birthday Raven

Post by barryb »

Yes Sir, all the very best
Gatekeeper25
Favourite Cartridge: 22-250

Post by Gatekeeper25 »

Happy Birthday 🍻
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by MISSED »

Hope it was good one
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

Thank you all for remembering my Ausvarmint birthday.

If I'm lucky, there will be time this weekend to do some trigger work on the Browning.

Already did the Ruger trigger but still haven't been to the range, since I buggered my arm and some other family issues.
barryb
.270 Winchester

Post by barryb »

Hey Raven , tell me more about your trigger work on Rugers, Ive got an M77 Vt 2 think, with terrible 3lb 2 stage trigger. I'm happy with two stage triggers but not happy with 3 lb triggers. Is it a big job requiring mammoth degrees in engineering ?? :lol:
No rush to come back to me - enjoy your birthday in the meantime.
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

barryb wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:14 am Hey Raven , tell me more about your trigger work on Rugers, Ive got an M77 Vt 2 think, with terrible 3lb 2 stage trigger. I'm happy with two stage triggers but not happy with 3 lb triggers. Is it a big job requiring mammoth degrees in engineering ?? :lol:
No rush to come back to me - enjoy your birthday in the meantime.
Mine is a Ruger Hawkeye Predator with the VT trigger. The VT trigger is supposedly the "competition" fully adjustable one but it seems to be an orphan of the Ruger range when it comes to parts and information (doesn't seem removable or replaceable). All I could do was buy a trigger spring kit for about $20. Very easy to install but make sure you get all the locktite out of the smaller adjustment screw otherwise you'll probably strip the hex in the grub screw (as I did). I couldn't detect how much lighter is and I don't have a trigger pull gauge (and just missed out on a good price on eBay). I'd say it's lighter but the two-stage is still there (gets trigger gets a bit draggy if you try to set it as light as possible, which masks the two stage somewhat :? ).

Today I did the Browning X Bolt trigger. Found a good video on how to change out the sear spring, which looked a lot more trickier than it was. Definitely a knack to getting it out without destroying it. I set it fairly light but safe, zero creep. Love it and can't wait for a range day to try it. :D

I got my springs from here https://highvelocityhuntingaustralia.com.au/products/ but as they DON'T come without instructions I used the M*Carbo youtube videos for installation advice.
barryb
.270 Winchester

Post by barryb »

Thanks Raven , much appreciated.