AusVarmint Forum Rules

Read here often for site updates and other Site related news.
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

AusVarmint Forum Rules

Post by kjd »

It’s about time we implemented some rules so people are clear on things.

1.No harassing or bullying people. This can be translated to don’t be a dick. That’s right, don’t troll, a joke is fine but don’t single out someone and don’t bring crap from one post to another.

2. Don’t post about anything illegal. If it is illegal and we catch you posting about it, you will have your post deleted and a mandatory minimum 72hr ban in place. If it is real bad or you’re already on thin ice the ban may be permanent.

3. Answers such as “Google it” “search the site” are discouraged. If someone needs help point them in the right direction

4. Reasonable swearing is accepted, abuse is not tolerated.

5. Firearms License number must be listed for firearm, ammunition and firearm part for sale and wanted listings. If you are selling a firearm you must list the transferring dealer in addition to your license number.

6. Be a good member. Help people out, post interesting stuff and refer to rule #1 (don’t be a dick).

7. If something is not covered here and needs to be ruled on it will only be ruled on by me (kjd) and no other moderator.

8. NO ALT ACCOUNTS WITHOUT PERMISSION: If you have an alternative account (and we can tell if you do) that account will be perma-banned and your main account will take a 72hr holiday the first time with a potential permanent banning if trolling continues. If you want to operate an alternate account please ask me first outlining why you want it.

9. Please report on any violations of the above rules by clicking the report button at the top of each post.

10. Clear topic titles are a must in every forum except for Off Topic. No “Hey JimBob” style topic titles. They are useless for searching and don’t encourage people to read them or participate. If your topic title is Hey JimBob it should be a PM not a topic.

That is it for now. Just be great people and have a great time.
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Re: AusVarmint Forum Rules

Post by trevort »

cool
mick_762
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308 Norma

Post by mick_762 »

Easy rules to live by
kickinback
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 260 Rem

Post by kickinback »

I think you should list the people with multiple accts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

kickinback wrote:I think you should list the people with multiple accts.

Well that could be embarrassing for some. But in defence of the only other one I know about I believe the intent was humour and not malicious and it certainly gave me some mirth over the years.
Please go easy Keith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mick_762
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308 Norma

Post by mick_762 »

Personally I don't see a need for anybody to have an "alter ego" or multiple profiles.

If you cant say what you mean, and mean what you say or be accountable under your "own name" then dont bother posting.
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

mick_762 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:30 am Personally I don't see a need for anybody to have an "alter ego" or multiple profiles.

If you cant say what you mean, and mean what you say or be accountable under your "own name" then dont bother posting.
I was more aiming at if we allowed a business or club to post on here etc. I can't see a reason for an individual to possess multiple accounts.

Kickinback, it is not necessary and not that easy to collate that data but we can tell if we suspect someone of having multiple accounts.
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

I see no problem with approved 'advertising'. By that I mean active members who contribute to the group advertising their businesses etc.

Just as long as the 'ads' are balanced with content.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

trevort wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:02 am

Well that could be embarrassing for some. But in defence of the only other one I know about I believe the intent was humour and not malicious and it certainly gave me some mirth over the years.
Please go easy Keith

I remember one in particular that gave a lot of us good laughs. It took me a while, and a couple of hints from the fella involved, felt like a real goose when he had to explain in detail when he let me know a few days after the event. :lol: :lol:
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

Camel wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:16 pm

Please go easy Keith

I remember one in particular that gave a lot of us good laughs. It took me a while, and a couple of hints from the fella involved, felt like a real goose when he had to explain in detail when he let me know a few days after the event. :lol: :lol:
Yeah,
I know but coz of some special people no one can have nice things.
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

kjd wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:44 pm Yeah,
I know but coz of some special people no one can have nice things.
Unfortunately valid.

Also a subtle reference to politics today implying "the law is the law, otherwise the merciless hoards will descend upon us".
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

Camel wrote:

Please go easy Keith

That’s the one I’m talking about and may have included my favourite post in AV history. I’m not usually very perceptive but I spotted that right away and watching you hit that bait and run hard was hilarious

kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

Added a new rule:

“10.Clear topic titles are a must in every forum except for Off Topic. No “Hey JimBob” style topic titles. They are useless for searching and don’t encourage people to read them or participate. If your topic title is Hey JimBob it should be a PM not a topic.”

Thanks to [mention]trevort[/mention] for reminding me to make this rule.
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

Hey Keith we had this argument a few years ago!

Glad to see you back

trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

Hope you noticed I let you win