Ideas for making AusVarmint.com More Active

Read here often for site updates and other Site related news.
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Ideas for making AusVarmint.com More Active

Post by kjd »

I want your ideas guys. Just remember that money is in short supply so we need to get creative.
mick_762
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308 Norma

Re: Ideas for making AusVarmint.com More Active

Post by mick_762 »

There was an idea thrown around years ago for bumper stickers, flyers for the local gun shope etc. never seemed to pan out.
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

mick_762 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:40 pm There was an idea thrown around years ago for bumper stickers, flyers for the local gun shope etc. never seemed to pan out.
You can win some here: https://ausvarmint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25445
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

I might have missed it but do we have a "welcome new members" thread/topic/sticky?

Perhaps if we said Hi to the new people that join they might say "hi" back?

I feel that a new member who trawls this place for a while could see a lot of interaction between a group of friends and acquaintenances and almost feel like they were intruding when in fact the opposite is our desire. We want you to join in and be our new online friends. The friends on here generally met on here, they didn't come along as a group to set up a private chatroom.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

trevort wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:13 pm I might have missed it but do we have a "welcome new members" thread/topic/sticky?

Perhaps if we said Hi to the new people that join they might say "hi" back?

I feel that a new member who trawls this place for a while could see a lot of interaction between a group of friends and acquaintenances and almost feel like they were intruding when in fact the opposite is our desire. We want you to join in and be our new online friends. The friends on here generally met on here, they didn't come along as a group to set up a private chatroom.
Have tried that many times Trev, I think only one replied, maybe its just me :lol:
Dunderi
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22-250

Post by Dunderi »

How about, suggesting the forum to real live people that you actually see in person, perhaps at the range?

I mean, I didn't know any of y'all pre-forum, it was honestly just me trawling through the internet and I tripped over this place.
(I'd visited AHN, found it to be a bit of a w******* but you guys seemed pretty welcoming.)

And hey, I brought a plus 1. Glad I did because he'd have blown himself up without you lot I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

Morgan unfortunately you and Keachie are rare. I have directed a few people here who have posted and then disappeared. You joined and stuck around.

We are glad you both did

Would hate to have to think of you searching for bits of the man bun after the explosion
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

I’ve tried to get a few people to join. Sako 22-250 being one. The others may have joined but didn’t get into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gnome
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 375 Cheytac

Post by Gnome »

Muzzeloader/Blackpowder forum?? .....me thinking out loudly here but guess it's just a real thought as I've not seen any others post about theirs or their wears or items they have put together and such ....so ...yeah nah don't worry about it :)

I'm also aware you're looking at culling forums so again yeah..

As for an introduction/say g'day thread I'm in agreeance with others here as it rarely generates interest. Also like others here I've directed people in person and online and while the odd one has made it here very very few of them have really posted but I do think they troll for information.