Top Crossing Hut

Read here often for site updates and other Site related news.
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Top Crossing Hut

Post by The Raven »

Hi Guys,

I'm heading up near Top Crossing Hut for the weekend (27th - 29th April) to get away for from it all.

Just some relaxing camping.

If any regular Ausvarminters want to meet up drop me a PM.
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter

Re: Top Crossing Hut

Post by The Raven »

Got to TCH before lunch Friday. Looked good, only one tent and no-one around. Set up in a nice spot, relaxed over a bit of shine, and had a snooze. Was woken by a ranger puttering through on his bike but he didn't stop or look around much.

By Saturday no-one showed at the other tent so I went and took a look. Oh, What a mess! Some assholes had got themselves drunk, shot up the entire place (signs, hut, bottles etc), crapped wherever they wanted, tried to burn anything and everything, and threw their rubbish everywhere. So that mid-morning I claimed the tent and tidied up as much of the campsite and surrounds as possible (22shorts, 22LR, 410, 12G, 20G, and 223). Did I mention they cut the fence and pulled down fence posts so they could try and drive up the hill. BASTARDS!!

Beyond scoring a new tent I was pleased to see one of the idiots had crapped themselves badly and dumped all of their clothes under a tree :lol: :lol: :lol:

Saturday evening a dozen dudes in 3 4X4s showed up. Stupidly looked for firewood (as if they find anything in a campground) and then took off. Glad they didn't stay.

One other vehicle came in, a nice bloke and his mature sons. They had to do a firewood run before dark but I had a nice chat with them that evening.

Pretty much had the place to myself and the weather was excellent, although a bit chilly overnight.

Got back to Whitfield midday Sunday and the mobile went bezerk with SMS's and missed calls. Office had a bunch of false alarms etc. Oh the joys of civilisation...
kickinback
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 260 Rem

Post by kickinback »

Sounds like a lovely weekend except for the pigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Rabbitz
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 222

Post by Rabbitz »

Is it just me but does anyone else hope that the 'crapfest' suffered by these morons was caused by dysentery which was contracted because of poor campsite hygiene - and that none of them ever want to go camping again?

:turd: :spew:
:mrburns:
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by The Raven »

kickinback wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 6:55 am Sounds like a lovely weekend except for the pigs.
I needed a weekend away but could have done without the mess left by the pigs.
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by The Raven »

Rabbitz wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 9:22 am Is it just me but does anyone else hope that the 'crapfest' suffered by these morons was caused by dysentery which was contracted because of poor campsite hygiene - and that none of them ever want to go camping again?

:turd: :spew:
:mrburns:
Probably had more to do with the amount of alcohol, and/or whatever other substances, they had consumed.

One can only hope they have given up on camping and/or got busted by the rangers.
Rabbitz
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 222

Post by Rabbitz »

We can but hope...