p!

Read here often for site updates and other Site related news.
a.JR
6mm Dasher
Favourite Cartridge: 30cal

p!

Post by a.JR »

d!
Last edited by a.JR on Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Knackers »

I'm sorry a.JR, I dont recall seeing the comp that you have spoken of and I'll give it a go since you are offering your time and effort in promoting our sport.
I have a Rem 700VSF .22.250 factory standard (except trigger job, float and bedd) is that ok to use?
Where can I find details please and does this have to be done at a range or can it be done on farm with witness's?
a.JR
6mm Dasher

OK

Post by a.JR »

]
Last edited by a.JR on Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
HAIR BEAR
.204 Ruger

Post by HAIR BEAR »

G'day a.JR
Mate did not know about this one ! how do we go about it !
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Knackers »

Unless I win Lotto I wont be going to Brisvagas anytime soon, its about 1400 kms for me.
Never been to a 500 fly before either, thats why I asked if it could be shot on farm with witness's. I can get a range officer from our local club (range only goes to 200 yards) to come out and witness and sign a target?

Anyway, thanks for offering the prize and your time, and if this thread creates enough interest, maybe everyone that does have an interest can contact you in the new year to see if it could be worth while. :wink:
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

I didnt notice the post either, i only started reading the target sports section after rinso got me to go to leeton, now I'm hooked.

I have only done one 500 fly but with a proper comp rifle (it didnt help me :oops: ))

I will have a proper 6.5x 284 bench rifle soon so wouldnt qualify in your factory section next year but if you did it again you might have an eager amateurs section who have shot less than (say) 3? comps at 500m

I know i'm a bit of a loud mouth and post on just about anyting but you must have noticed that the interest in target shooting round here is on the up. That can only be good.
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Knackers »

I know i'm a bit of a loud mouth and post on just about anyting but you must have noticed that the interest in target shooting round here is on the up. That can only be good.
I enjoy reading your posts on "just about anything" keep it up Trev. :wink:
Radar

Post by Radar »

I'd be real interested in competing in a 500m fly (only just read the rules to find out what it is) - never attempted to shoot that far but would definitely give it a go.
Mullet

Post by Mullet »

I can think of two reasons why there was no response to this one.

i) there are bugger all factory rifles that are up to the task
ii) any shooter who is up to the task will be way beyond factory rifles.
foxhunter223
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 223

Fly shoot

Post by foxhunter223 »

a.JR, I don't recall seeing your post either and I would have a go if I lived in Brissy.

But what about what Knackers said, could we participate via a postal target match ?

Pete
albow
.257 Roberts

Post by albow »

Mullet

I would have to disagree with your statements on why this one didn't get off the ground. I shot two fly matches while I was in the process of building my dedicated bench rifle. Along with this I shot two 600yd matches too during the same time.

Now my factory rifle was a stock standard tikka varmint in 223 with 1:12 twist which isn't really the ideal set up for a 223 to shoot the longer ranges but I used it as a learning experience. Sure the small 55gn projectiles were definitely pushed all over the place with the wind but I feel that this has given me a very good understanding of the impact of the wind, taught me to read the wind better and to wait for the condition.

All I can say is that anyone that wants to have a go then use your factory rifle and forget the rest of the guys there with their bench guns... you will not compete with them. Just like me and Trevort you will soon be investing in a dedicated bench gun and the lessons learned while shooting your factory rifle will pay off.
Rinso
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 25.06

Post by Rinso »

albow,

Could not agree with you more ... you learn everytime you shoot ..

You will not (not in my experience) just turn up to a match with a new rifle in your first comp and be in the running.

You can however learn a lot, make some friends and have a heap of fun with your factory rifle ... just remember not to take the results to heart.

cheers
Rinso
albow
.257 Roberts

Post by albow »

JR

As an addition to my last post.

Given the interest that has been shown by these guys here in this thread I think that running the factory option next year would be something worth perservering with and to make it a little more noticeable then maybe see if Keith would leave it as a sticky in the shooting sports section. That way if someone comes in throughout the year they will see the information and maybe have a go.

I looked back through the threads and I think the comp was on page 3 or 4 so no wonder it wasn't seen by too many :oops: :oops:
a.JR
6mm Dasher

New ideas

Post by a.JR »

]
Last edited by a.JR on Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
woob614271
17Rem
Favourite Cartridge: 17Rem, 22.250AI, 308

Post by woob614271 »

May I bring the Rugged #1 back, or is that non-factory now?
I'll try to get more involved next year, but I said that before...