Hey Glenn!!

Read here often for site updates and other Site related news.
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Wby Magnum's :)

Hey Glenn!!

Post by dashooter »

I think your being stooged by the forum. :!:

Have been trying to send you a PM about the grip n pull but the computer says no!!
No option to send you a PM in your profile either.

Can you send me a pm with your email address and I'll send you through my bank details?
Might pay to get one of the admin guys to check it out too.

Cheers,
Rob
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Re: Hey Glenn!!

Post by The Raven »

That reminds me, I think I discovered a clue to our PM's occasionally going missing.

I noticed that when you SUBMIT it often goes to a PREVIEW mode instead. You think you have sent it but it hasn't. If you then close the window you have actually LOST the message.

If you select SUBMIT a second time then it gets sent, noting the 'sent' screen literally says it was sent WITHOUT any message preview.

I meant to let Keith know about this last week, but this is as good a place as any.
Last edited by The Raven on Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

I think I've fixed the problem as to why some people can't access the forum. Those of you that know someone having and issue tell them to try again.
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by dashooter »

kjd wrote:I think I've fixed the problem as to why some people can't access the forum. Those of you that know someone having and issue tell them to try again.
Can you have a look at Glenn's ability to receive pm's? Still not an option at this time.
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by dashooter »

Bump for Glenn.
Still no option to send him a PM?!!
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

He was last online today at 2:56pm I can't imagine a reason why he wouldn't get a PM
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by dashooter »

kjd wrote:He was last online today at 2:56pm I can't imagine a reason why he wouldn't get a PM
Try sending him one!
Doesn't show as an option.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

I had a PM from Glenn re the bush I was selling last week, thought I would try and send him a message about this thread, pressed "Reply" button and it told me that it could not send to some members as they didn't have permission to receive private messages, seeing as he is the only recipient, this must mean that the forum has removed his permission to receive private messages. Keith, I think this is over to your department. :D

Rob, do you want me to send him a text, I have his mobile number but don't like ringing as he could be working shift or sleeping, also when talking to him, my phone bill takes a massive hit, as we end up yarning for a couple of hours. :roll:
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by dashooter »

Camel wrote:I had a PM from Glenn re the bush I was selling last week, thought I would try and send him a message about this thread, pressed "Reply" button and it told me that it could not send to some members as they didn't have permission to receive private messages, seeing as he is the only recipient, this must mean that the forum has removed his permission to receive private messages. Keith, I think this is over to your department. :D

Rob, do you want me to send him a text, I have his mobile number but don't like ringing as he could be working shift or sleeping, also when talking to him, my phone bill takes a massive hit, as we end up yarning for a couple of hours. :roll:
Sounds exactly the same problem as I got trying to reply. Even harder to start a PM when the option has been removed from his profile.
If you could send him a text and ask him to PM me his email and I'll sort it out that way that would be great. (Thumbs up emoticon)
Rob
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by The Raven »

Camel wrote:I had a PM from Glenn re the bush I was selling last week, thought I would try and send him a message about this thread, pressed "Reply" button and it told me that it could not send to some members as they didn't have permission to receive private messages, seeing as he is the only recipient, this must mean that the forum has removed his permission to receive private messages. Keith, I think this is over to your department. :D

A quick check shows that members have the option to block inbound private messages. See Board Preferences in the User Control Panel.
Glenn
375 Cheytac
Favourite Cartridge: 300WM

Post by Glenn »

Dash you have PM.

Glenn
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by dashooter »

Glenn wrote:Dash you have PM.

Glenn
Got it. All good, it took me a few days to work out the reply I though I had sent hadn't actually gone anywhere. :)
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by The Raven »

dashooter wrote:
Glenn wrote:Dash you have PM.

Glenn
Got it. All good, it took me a few days to work out the reply I though I had sent hadn't actually gone anywhere. :)
Isn't the internet amazing :P
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Well in that case I will save my 20 cent cost of a text message. Good to hear you two got it sorted. :D
bimbo
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 17HH

Post by bimbo »

Still not working, I tried replying to a message Glenn sent me and get 'Some users couldn’t be added as they do not have permission to read private messages'