Time to Get Political.

Read here often for site updates and other Site related news.
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Time to Get Political.

Post by kjd »

As some of you may be aware we are in the cusp of the biggest shakeup to gun laws since 1996 where shotguns are looking to be re-categorised from class A to Class B and D.

There are a few ways to fight this at this point:
1) Contact your local member for Federal and State Parliaments and your State Police Minister and let them know this is not on and that law abiding firearm owners are not a threat to public safety nor do they commit crimes.

2) Join and/or donate to The Shooters and Fishers Party at: http://www.shootersandfishers.org.au/get-involved
TSFP are the only organisation that not only fight to preserve your ability to own and use firearms but they are actively working on making the laws better for ALL shooters and hunters. They will not roll over on a minority of shooters like other organizations are happy to do. They will also fight for all outdoor pursuits such as Fishing, motorbike riding, horse riding, Access to public land and it is becoming very clear that TSFP are the only party to truly care about rural areas and farmers.

TSFP have members elected in state parliaments NSW, VIC and WA so they have an actual say in legislation changes and have access to the politicians who propose such draconian changes.

So please fight this, even if you have no interest in lever action firearms as they will come for your long range hunting rigs which will be labelled as "sniper rifles" to garner public support.

Every firearm the government restricts is one step closer to them coming to restrict your choice of firearm or sport.

Cheers,
Keith Drain.
image.jpg
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Re: Time to Get Political.

Post by The Raven »

Well, I ticked off step one over the last few weeks. So far only one Minister has bothered to reply, via a form letter from a flunky.

Next step...
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

Love the SSAA Vic website,

Jack suggests "I provide a link to the Combined Firearms Council of Victoria website." I'm glad my membership is paying a salary to someone who suggests we "go elsewhere".

Ummm, what about the SSAA doing something other than suggesting people go elsewhere to get action?

CLARIFICATION: I have been unable to confirm if SSAA National President is paid a salary. I couldn't find an Annual Report from SSAA National... I DO know that the SSAA Vic President ISN'T a paid position. Happy to acknowledge that I may be wrong on my comment above...
Last edited by The Raven on Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

I didnt vote for this woman but after this is ignored for a few more days i will follow for a phone call

Judith I live in your electorate.

I hunt and I target shoot. Firearms are my hobby.

I am a safe, law abiding citizen. I currently do not own a lever action firearm but have done in the past and would like to retain the right to do so again one day if that type of firearm suits the intended purpose.

This is 140 year old technology, it is not used in any military armoury and to the best of my knowledge has never been used by a homicidal maniac in Australia.

I believe the further infringement of my ability to enjoy my chosen sport and hobby is unjustified and achieves nothing to further public safety as licensed shooters do not commit gun crime, criminals with illegal weapons do.

I would like to know your position on this issue as it will determine my vote at the next election.

Thank you

--

If you should have any queries please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

Beauty trev!