WTF!

A Place To Discuss & Debate The Latest Firearm Issues. Please Try To Keep It Clean & On Topic.
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

WTF!

Post by The Raven »

Just saw an ad tonight during the news.

“If you have an unregister gun turn it in” with images of disintegrating firearms, from crime stoppers. No other voice over or small print.

Zero mention that you could get these legally registered (subject to conditions). Talk about a one sided advert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Re: WTF!

Post by 220 »

Was pleasantly surprised when I heard a interview on the ABC yesterday. The interviewer actual called a bit of the bullshit. criminals are criminals and will not hand in their unregistered firearms so what is the amnesty about. Also questioned the statement about criminals sourcing their firearms coming from the theft of registered and unregistered guns. The bloke being interviewed then admitted they cant possibly check even a fraction of what is being imported into the country that our borders are porous and yes criminals dont rely on the theft of guns to be armed they have far more sophisticated methods of precuring what they want.
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Re: WTF!

Post by The Raven »

220 wrote:Was pleasantly surprised when I heard a interview on the ABC yesterday. The interviewer actual called a bit of the bullshit. criminals are criminals and will not hand in their unregistered firearms so what is the amnesty about. Also questioned the statement about criminals sourcing their firearms coming from the theft of registered and unregistered guns. The bloke being interviewed then admitted they cant possibly check even a fraction of what is being imported into the country that our borders are porous and yes criminals dont rely on the theft of guns to be armed they have far more sophisticated methods of precuring what they want.
That’s good. Just disappointed the amnesty ad focused purely on aspects of disposal/destruction.

Nothing to suggest otherwise lawful people could register them.

Yes, criminals couldn’t care less about the law…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk