have a go at this cock...

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
LoneRider
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308

Post by LoneRider »

ATR magazine name change
#1 Postby xxxxxxxxxxx »

I'm wondering if now is an appropriate time for the NRAA to consider changing the name of our magazine?

After all, potential new members can download that magazine, and by having the TR Queens winner on the front page could be considered a turn off for younger shooters hoping to shoot modern rifles with scopes.

Probably a good time to consider highlighting our other diciplines by putting a collage of winners on the front page instead.

A magazine is a great resource to showcase our sport, and its name could be made more inclusive.

no bloody wonder theres a divide between scopes and peeps with no nothing dumb asses like this oxygen thief allowed to have a license :roll:
how dare the cunt belittle the achievements of a top class shooter,just cause he doesnt use a scope.... :evil:
Last edited by LoneRider on Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kickinback
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 260 Rem

Re: have a go at this cock...

Post by kickinback »

They’re everywhere. Entitled little twats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
LoneRider
50 BMG

Post by LoneRider »

my last nights reply got deleted :roll:

maybe asking what lefty greeny drugs he was on and telling him to get his head out of his ass was too much for the poor dears :roll:
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

But nraa having their heads up their own asses and dismissing other shooting disciplines is a theme I hear regularly. I have no personal experience but looks like you reacted exactly the way the stereotype picture is painted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LoneRider
50 BMG

Post by LoneRider »

trev,i dont care what you shoot.
peeps are bloody difficult compared to scope.
an achievement worthy of of front page is bloody great,whether it be scope or peeps.
dont belittle what i shoot just because you think a scope should be on the cover.
it seems that some scope shooters [according to what im reading] would rather be shooting 3-600 off a bench and do away with peeps altogether,just because it doesnt suit them.
well... screw that.
if thats what they want,then ssaa are doing it.
LoneRider
50 BMG

Post by LoneRider »

trevort wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:57 am But nraa having their heads up their own asses and dismissing other shooting disciplines is a theme I hear regularly. I have no personal experience but looks like you reacted exactly the way the stereotype picture is painted

if that were true,there wouldnt be new rules for this lot,
Chapter 15 Target Rifle - Optical Class [OC] 68
Chapter 16 Service Rifle Target Shooting 69
Chapter 17 Field & Rimfire Class Target Shooting [FCTS & RCTS] 85
Chapter 18 Match Rifle Target Shooting [MR] 97
Chapter 19 Long Range Black Powder Target Shooting 100
Chapter 20 F Class Target Shooting [FC] 101
Chapter 21 300m ISSF 111
Chapter 22 600 &1000 Yd International Bench Rest 112
et's wouldnt be allowed and trigger pull weights would still be 1kg.
is this not enough ?
keep in mind these change, improve and get added to every yr.
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

trevort wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:57 am But nraa having their heads up their own asses and dismissing other shooting disciplines is a theme I hear regularly. I have no personal experience but looks like you reacted exactly the way the stereotype picture is painted

It's OK. NRAA isn't the only club that appears to have the heads up their asses.

I visited an un-named club today (not shooting related) and found the behavior almost identical to that attributed to NRAA. The behaviour wasn't specifically directed at me (although I saw a hint of it) but the poor newbie who showed up after me would have left shaking his head.

And clubs/associations with this attitude wonder why they struggle to obtain/retain members. :roll:
lee_enfield223
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 223rem

Post by lee_enfield223 »

Hi Raven maybe they thought Ned Kelly entered their club as that beared on your avatar looks the part and you scared them !!!! LOL !!! :D
I guess there will always be different idea's on what should be on the front cover and I used to get that magazine , I was even in it a few times(never on the front page) but that was a long time ago.
m12vlp
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by m12vlp »

LoneRider wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:03 pm no bloody wonder theres a divide between scopes and peeps with no nothing dumb asses like this oxygen thief allowed to have a license :roll:
how dare the cunt belittle the achievements of a top class shooter,just cause he doesnt use a scope.... :evil:
There is so much wrong with this post it's not funny. :evil:

Disclosure(Yes I shoot f-class).

I am a member of a club that when I joined had only 5 members. Now it's one of the biggest of the sydney metro clubs. At the same time we're watching other clubs on the verge of disappearing.

In the inter club grade series we previously couldn't field a single T/R team now we can field 2.

How did we achieve growth in the face of general decline?
Simple... we promoted the sport and the club in a way that appealed to what the potential new members were looking for. That is Scopes! Scopes brought in the new members and many of them later decided to take up T/R because T/R appeals to them. Others stick with scopes because that's where their interest lies.

I've seen many recent prize shoots where scopes outnumber peeps. Hell i've even been asked to fire the lucky prize shot for top shooter. Yep a scope shooter.

The NRAA doesn't have it's head up it's arse. But some of it's members do.
It's posts like this one by LoneRider that drive new blood away from the sport and is instrumental in killing it off.

The future of the NRAA is one where there is mutual respect for all disciplines.

To anyone thinking of trying long range shooting don't take LoneRider's post as an indication of what the NRAA are like. Contact your local club and give it a go. It's a great sport and there is sufficient variety in the disciplines to satisfy most people.
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

My belly is too big to shoot prone comfortably but I’m hoping to shoot 600 br at an Nraa club closer than Narromine

LoneRider
50 BMG

Post by LoneRider »

Yup,I really gotta stop posting with a gut full of moonshine

The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by The Raven »

trevort wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:51 pm My belly is too big to shoot prone comfortably but I’m hoping to shoot 600 br at an Nraa club closer than Narromine

I totally agree with that sentiment Trevort. Prone shooting is for skinny people, not for those of us with refined girth (myself included).

Nothing erks me more than visiting the local range and finding all the (few) benches are occupied...so as to permit greater access to the non-members.

PS. There's no tongue in cheek emoticon, or is there :P
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by The Raven »

m12vlp wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:57 am To anyone thinking of trying long range shooting don't take LoneRider's post as an indication of what the NRAA are like. Contact your local club and give it a go. It's a great sport and there is sufficient variety in the disciplines to satisfy most people.
Hmmm, I'm not sure that's what Lonerider meant. He WAS quoting someone else...
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by The Raven »

LoneRider wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:23 pm Yup,I really gotta stop posting with a gut full of moonshine Image

32 pints of moonshine! :D :D

Not bad for a small unit.
LoneRider
50 BMG

Post by LoneRider »

thats not bad at all... :D