scope testing

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
jacko-2
Favourite Cartridge: 7mm

scope testing

Post by jacko-2 »

so ive got back from up the bush doing some testing, its quite amazing wot u can see at 100yds with high power scopes,, so the million dollar question , DID ANY OF THEM MOVE , i used grid paper with 3/16 th inch squares and the lines where about 5th thick , used a sharpy to make tiny red dot, all i can say iz that ive scratched that itch . make of it what u wont :lol: cheers and keep em tight
albow
.257 Roberts

Re: scope testing

Post by albow »

Hey Jacko

No good asking us if any of them moved....... we weren't there....... and obviously your eyes were shut :shock: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jacko-2

Post by jacko-2 »

my eyes where open and im surprized u havnt made one,, ore jeff ,,
at least i know that another varible haz been removed,, OR HAZ IT ,,,im not saying wot i found,,,build one and do it ,, its trippy and interesting ,, cheers
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Creedmoor

Post by Seddo »

jacko-2 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:06 pm my eyes where open and im surprized u havnt made one,, ore jeff ,,
at least i know that another varible haz been removed,, OR HAZ IT ,,,im not saying wot i found,,,build one and do it ,, its trippy and interesting ,, cheers
If your not going to tel us there is no point to this post.
Con
.308 Winchester

Post by Con »

I'm trying to work out what moved? And what was tested? :lol:

I still remember a Varmint Hunter magazine article (or was it Precision Shooter) where a BSA scope spanked high end brands for repeatability! :mrgreen:
Cheers...
Con
jacko-2

Post by jacko-2 »

seddo , build one and do your own testing , if u think u hav a problem,, im not going to trash talk any scope,,
i put this up to show how to test a scope,, TO HELP ,, if its of no help to u then DONT READ IT,, every scope iz perfect,,, they must be when u spend 3000 bucks on them ,,
daisy
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 7-08

Post by daisy »

jacko-2 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:37 pm seddo , build one and do your own testing , if u think u hav a problem,, im not going to trash talk any scope,,
i put this up to show how to test a scope,, TO HELP ,, if its of no help to u then DONT READ IT,, every scope iz perfect,,, they must be when u spend 3000 bucks on them ,,
Build one what ?? I have no idea what it is that you built.
B4408
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 20VT

Post by B4408 »

This may explain a little.
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=23809

Bruce
daisy
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 7-08

Post by daisy »

B4408 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:48 pm This may explain a little.
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=23809

Bruce
Thanks Bruce That gave me some idea
LoneRider
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308

Post by LoneRider »

geez.... acid much :roll:
Tony Z
.270 Winchester

Post by Tony Z »

OK Jacko let me guess. You take a Night Force engineer(s), a bottle of Loctite 3g and call it after a month of the year and you have a POI shift free scope equiped with a CD telling you that it's not the scope, you need to learn to read wind cockhead?
I know of a half dozen or more of these sitting in cupboards that were replaced by NF comp series. And all are north of Rocky cause no-one further up knows how to shoot past 50 meters. Apparently.
But in this case the CD will be about who built the scope checker and what mounts were used with the last bit asking what checked what scope and who screwed it all together? I would answer with a Tasco of course and i lay bricks for a living.
There is always a get out clause with any insurance policy isn't there Jacko?
The answer to this is in the same vault that tells us why a bloke in a blue dress and sporting a pearl necklace and earings was on the ABC commentating about Ashes cricket. No-one dares ask because of the can of worms about to be opened.
jacko-2

Post by jacko-2 »

yep ,u got it, i put this up just to let people know that just because u pay 3000 bucks ore more for a scope dosnt meen its any good,,wot i will say iz that if weaver had better glass in there 36 powers we , ( target shooters) would not hav a problem, they ,(the ones ive tested ) r rocks,, also i did it because i had a gun with issues,, so i needed to make shore the scope woz solid,,plus i enjoy testing things,, mostly my paitance,,all iz good and i can tell uwot i found over the phone ,just not on a forum,, so sorry that i carnt elaberate more on here,,cheers everyone