2018 1000yd BR SCC and 600yd BR

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
Tony Z
.270 Winchester

Re: 2018 1000yd BR SCC and 600yd BR

Post by Tony Z »

Ditto Grant. Another well run match by the NDRC and a big thanks to Extravision, Gunpro, Optimus and Ken at Copperhead bullets for the generous sponsorship. Ken if you're reading, you need to get your butt out there for next years match.
The stock given to dg for his tireless work setting long range BR on the map is no where near enough reward. (can someone post up a picture of that please). So Dave once again a big thanks.

And Grant after that last group shot in a dust storm this morning, be ready for the phone calls on how to read braille. That was an awesome result as was Richards yesterday afternoon.

Jacko bloody well done as the last man standing in HG.
For those out there that miss el Jacquo in his cuddly bear hat already, here is a keep sake.
Attachments
20180819_082323.jpg
Tony Z
.270 Winchester

Post by Tony Z »

And Trevort, mate you can stay home next year. All shots on paper is not a good start for the friendship. :mrgreen:
No seriously, well done to the Belfast bobbie.
Dunderi
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22-250

Post by Dunderi »

trevort wrote:Just finished in time. Rushed the equipment of the bench as the dust storm hit.! I finished!!!! I’ll likely be lowest score and biggest group but I finished. Another rookie equipment fault on the last detail. Everyone has a case holder to set the required amount of ammo on the bench. I don’t. I fired two shots before the wind blew the remaining three rounds off the bench. Scrabbling in the stones to find your rounds is not conducive to picking any subtle change in the flags. Can you do subtle in a gale. Well I digress. The last three shots where on paper but just a different part of the paper than the first two. As Jeff has said , the shooting is just the excuse and I’ve had another excellent time at Narromine getting to know some members better and meeting some more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That sounds like it's been an awesome weekend! Well done at hanging in there. Appreciate the photos too.
jacksaligari
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6br

Post by jacksaligari »

Mmm crazy Jacko loves his crazy hats
Hopefully all going well we will get there next year
Congrats too all the winners and too Dave for hosting the event again
RDavies
.257 Roberts
Favourite Cartridge: 7 SAUM

Post by RDavies »

Yep, great event once again. Thanks Dave for all the effort you put in to run this event. As usual it was great to catch up with everyone. I hope to see you all again next year.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Guess congratulations are in order for the organizers, sponsors and competitors. Well done to all. :D
mick_762
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308 Norma

Post by mick_762 »

Well done to all, as Camel said.
Without the organisers there is no competition - thus no competitors to battle the conditions!

Shopuld have my entry level rifle complete ready and load development done ready for next year. . .

Race ya to the bottom of the score sheets :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

mick_762 wrote:Well done to all, as Camel said.
Without the organisers there is no competition - thus no competitors to battle the conditions!

Shopuld have my entry level rifle complete ready and load development done ready for next year. . .

Race ya to the bottom of the score sheets :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You’re on Mick. Home safe. Better talk to family before talking to you lot

trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

Ok. Time to say thanks. Dave Goodridge not only thank you for organising the event and being a great host but also for the huge assistance in getting my rifle up and running. Thanks to all the sponsors although extra vision could you please donate 15 spotting scopes if it’s gonna take 15 draws before my number comes out.
Thanks to all the members of the Narromine Dubbo Rifle club for their hospitality. Thanks to Tony and Jeff for giving Jacko a break and providing the coaching this year. Jacko, thanks for being, well, Jacko.

I’ve learnt some more and made some more mistakes so next year no excuses. It will be the third time and I will have become expert by then. Time
For a shot at the title. You have to come down again Tony so we can continue planning my heavy gun

macca
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 308/6br

Post by macca »

Rabbitz wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:50 am I know they boast about it being a tough range but that's soul destroying.

I am guessing the containers aren't so much help in that force 10 zephyr?
When the container doors were banging I had a horrible thought they were about to leave the paddock and try and land on the railway tracks. :shock: :lol:
macca
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 308/6br

Post by macca »

Hey Jacko don't forget the details on that spray lube.
Many thanks for the rest and the emergency repairs too,mate.
Back to work this morning and it kinda feels weird after 5 days heading out to the range at Narromine.
Tony, I wouldn't have shot that group without paying attention to your advice , so thank you.
Good luck Tuesday Jeff.
See you Trev and hopefully Tony next year.
dg
25/06 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6x47 lapua

Post by dg »

sorry for the delay in responding.

results for the 600 and 1000 BR and 2019 match dates will be posted asap.

first of all, I would like to acknowledge and thank the extremely generous and humble sponsors who continue to support and recognize not only the annual 600/1000yd BR championships at ND, but also Australian and International LRBR.

Thankyou

ExtraVision

Copperhead Projectiles

Optimus Projectiles

GunPro Firearms Dubbo

Narromine Aerodrome Camping and Tourism Park

Just as importantly, I would like to thank all the competitors who attended the 2018 600/1000 BR matches.

The cooperation, flexibility and tolerance you all displayed each day was greatly appreciated.

Without your understanding and assistance, it would be impossible to co-ordinate and organise each days event.

In previous years I have attempted to be as fair as possible in recording in order each competitor's nomination and then making changes accordingly as people ( for various reasons) withdraw.

As usual, all who attended this year ( and have indicated they wish to return) are automatically locked in the 2019 draw for the 600/1000.

However, the major change that has been made with nominations, is that, in order to recognize and reward the ongoing attendance loyalty and commitment demonstrated each year, competitors who shot 1 class or 2 classes this year, have now been locked in the 2019 draw.

Those who withdrew this year due to reasons relating to health, family, work etc will have 1st option on any 2019 vacancies.

Additional nominations will be placed on a reserve list and notified accordingly as and if changes occur.

And now a few pikkies

jeff, rod and tony z in deep discussion

jeff harrison's extremely well thought out and practical gear arrangement on his ute.

jeff rod and tony

mighty trev Armstrong getting ready to shoot.

now regular attendee's tony and richard

el jacko

singo and his labradar testing loads

jeff h and HG

el jacko and HG

jeff

an eye catching Light Gun

richard getting organized

simon and his magic standard 6.5 savage creedmoor

trev and grant relaxing

jim and brian also relaxing and checking out the action

tim pavey - hard at work

barry morgan and his 6mm BRXD

michael singleton with his HG

grant mcmullen analysing the prevailing conditions

the HG benchline

jacko and his 7mm saum HG

close up of JH

Light gunners aron trev t and larry

cheers
dave g
dg
25/06 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6x47 lapua

Post by dg »

a barry morgan stock

poor photography doesn't do it justice.

Old Trev-39
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: .284Win

Post by Old Trev-39 »

Home and un-packed. To-morrow is the start to top dress my lawn with Narromine dust.
Sincere thanks to Dave and the N.D.Rifle Club for the well organised and run shoot. Also thanks to all competitors for the sportsman and ship friendly banter on and off the line. To Joe and Terry at the motel for their sponsorship and for putting up with a bunch of red neck, gun totin,fun lovin,rat bags, Thank you.
To the other sponsors of this shoot goes a heart full big THANKYOU. Without your support the competition would be as it is.
Till next year (I hope) see you all again.
Cheers,
Trevor A.
mick_762
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308 Norma

Post by mick_762 »

dg wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:52 pm
Dave,
Would you be able to through me onto the 2019 1st Reserve list for LG unmarked please.
At this stage 600 and 1000 however TBC closer to the date.

Another Dave, but with an M