2017 Southern Cross 1000yd BR Championship

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
dg
25/06 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6x47 lapua

2017 Southern Cross 1000yd BR Championship

Post by dg »

For 2017, due to increased interest and nominations, we have had to change the date of the SCC.

The 2017 SCC will be held over the weekend of the 19th and 20th of August.

Although numbers always fluctuate, somewhat surprisingly,at the moment we have over 50 nominations for the 2017 SCC.

By running the match in late august, hopefully the extra daylight will allow us and extra 2 details, with an associated total increase of total competitor numbers from 40 to 50.

In the week prior to the SCC, an additional LRBR match will be held on Thursday the 17th of August.

The range will be available for practise, sighting, flag erection on the Wednesday and Friday.

Once again, we are indebted to ExtraVision, Optimus Projectiles and Gunpro for their ongoing sponsorship and support.

to nominate for the SCC, pm, or email dg1048@yahoo.com.au.

additional nominations will be placed on a reserve list.

at the moment we are not sure if the Thursday GunPro LRBR will be a 1000yd BR or 600yd BR match.

details will be provided at a later date.

cheers
dave g
dg
25/06 Remington

Re: 2017 Southern Cross 1000yd BR Championship

Post by dg »

additional SCC sponsors

recently we have had quite a few shooters experience 1000yd BR via our "have a go at 1000yd BR" days.

as a result of their apparent enjoyable LRBR experiences, our local shearing contractor Ross Wallace and the proprietor of the Royal Hotel, Matthew Wake have both offered to provide sponsorship for next year's SCC.

with a bit of luck and appropriate coercion, a few other local businesses could also become involved. :wink: :wink:

ps

Dave Gifford (Optimus projectiles), Klaus and Goran(ExtraVision), Rossy, Matt, and the proprietors of Shorts Butchery, Treseder's Hardware, the Airport Caravan Park, Brenno's Bakery and Jokers Ink, naturally, all received 2016 Commemorative Caps.

cheers
dave g
jacksaligari
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6br

Post by jacksaligari »

Hi Dave I'll be there with the misses and the new addition too the family what ever the date you decide
Old Trev-39
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: .284Win

Post by Old Trev-39 »

Hi Dave,
Good to see the local businesses supporting our sport. Also thanks to you for the effort you put into this event. I intend to be there next year as long as I am still on the planet.
Cheers,
Trevor.
dg
25/06 Remington

Post by dg »

hi jack

congratulations on the new addition to the family. :D :D

BTW you were placed in the 2017 draw when you emailed a few weeks ago.

if the ND club get it's act together for 2017 and the grant money does arrive, we should have 2 containers behind the 1000yd firing, which should be ideal for play pens.

g'day trev

mate, you are always welcome down here, we all appreciate the effort that jeff, yourself and the meltone maverick make with the SCC each year. :D :D

a great pity that australian 1000yd clubs are separated by such huge distances

cheers
dave
RDavies
.257 Roberts
Favourite Cartridge: 7 SAUM

Post by RDavies »

I see some Wombat has put the F Class World Championship on the same time. I will let them know they will have to move it so it doesn't clash with SCC.
dg
25/06 Remington

Post by dg »

yeah rod

thanks for the thoughtful offer :!: :!: !!!

if possible see what you can do.

they would just ignore me, but I am sure you are much more influential :wink: :wink:

or a compromise would be that as long as you wear your SCC jacket, we would agree to you attending and for the F Class World Championships and the SCC co-sharing the same dates. :D :D

2nd thoughts-how about we all throw in and sponsor jacko and yourself as a 2 man team.

cheers
dave
justjeff
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 270 Win

Post by justjeff »

Dave,

I have this weird mental picture of Jacko in his fur lined cap, complete with ear flaps and funny facial ,expressions, at a world F class shoot. Not sure if the world stage is quite ready for that. :lol:

Jeff
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

justjeff wrote:Dave,

I have this weird mental picture of Jacko in his fur lined cap, complete with ear flaps and funny facial ,expressions, at a world F class shoot. Not sure if the world stage is quite ready for that. :lol:

Jeff

I would love to see that, show em what real Aussies look like :lol: :lol:
RDavies
.257 Roberts
Favourite Cartridge: 7 SAUM

Post by RDavies »

Camel wrote:
justjeff wrote:Dave,

Jeff

I would love to see that, show em what real Aussies look like :lol: :lol:
He would be great, mess with their heads.
justjeff
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 270 Win

Post by justjeff »

I agree Rod, messes with my head every year at Narromine. Could be your new secret weapon to win? Keep the competitors either rolling around laughing or saying WTF???? :idea:

Jeff
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by Camel »

justjeff wrote:I agree Rod, messes with my head every year at Narromine. Could be your new secret weapon to win? Keep the competitors either rolling around laughing or saying WTF???? :idea:

Jeff

I reckon the best way for him to mess with their heads would be to drag out the stock he used in 2015 when I was there, painted by his kids. I loved it. :lol:
jacko-2
Favourite Cartridge: 7mm

Post by jacko-2 »

yer camel,,i mite hav to , at least that thing didnt shoot verticial,,or niz that me seeing side ways again,,
u never know wot will turn up next year,, just think lime green geko,, lots of them ,,and a 30 cal
yer i would keep those yanks entertaimed,,they wouldnt know wot struck them ,,go rod,,kick there arses and dont u shoot free recoil,,lol
Tony Z
.270 Winchester

Post by Tony Z »

Is it just me or am i wrong in thinking more like Jacko in a turban plus beard is the body double for Osama. Osama Bin Hidden in Victoria i reckon. I can see the alarms going off at LAX now :mrgreen:
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by Camel »

Tony Z wrote:Is it just me or am i wrong in thinking more like Jacko in a turban plus beard is the body double for Osama. Osama Bin Hidden in Victoria i reckon. I can see the alarms going off at LAX now :mrgreen:

That's just being mean Tony, what has Osama ever done to deserve that. :lol: :lol: