2015 ExtraVision-Optimus Projectiles 1000yd BR Championship Results

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
dg
25/06 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6x47 lapua

2015 ExtraVision-Optimus Projectiles 1000yd BR Championship Results

Post by dg »

Congratulations to the winners and placegetters in the 2015 ExtraVision-Optimus Projectiles 1000yd BR Postal match results.(detailed result compilations are listed in the competition portal.)

Heavy Gun 6 Match Group Aggregate
1st P Deehan (Corryong)
2nd A Bending (Corryong)
3rd J Harrison ( Townsville)

Heavy Gun 6 Match Score Aggregate
1st J Harrison ( Townsville)
2nd P Deehan (Corryong)
3rd A Nielsen ( Townsville)

Light Gun 6 Match Group Aggregate
1st G Groves (Corryong)
2nd T Deehan (Corryong)
3rd T Armstrong ( Townsville)

Light Gun 6 Match Score Aggregate
1st G Groves (Corryong)
2nd K Deehan (Corryong)
3rd E Gustafsen ( Townsville)

Optimus Projectiles 6 match Group and Score Aggregates - D Parravicini ( Townsville)

And of equal importance, i would like to thank ALL PARTICIPATING COMPETITORS for their continuing assistance, support and contribution to Australian IBS 1000yd BR.

As some may have noticed, this year the SCC results were included in the overall Postal Match results as a separate identity.

Originally, when the Postal match idea and concept was introduced, most (if not all) participating clubs held their matches in the scheduled months of march-may-july-september-november.

This arrangement made the synchronisation and progressive tabulation of results quite simple and competitors were able to pre nominate if they wished to include their SCC results in place of one of their scheduled bi-monthly matches.

However in recent years, it has become quite difficult (if not impossible) to adhere to this previous arrangement as clubs began to alter their yearly programmes, which is quite understandable given the influencing factors of weather, work schedules,and other problems.

This year for instance at Narromine, given our cancellation of some matches earlier in the year, due to weather extremes, it would have been possible for our members to have the choice of nominating either their results from our catch up matches(held after the SCC) or the SCC ??????????- in my opinion,not a fair or acceptable situation.

Additionally, when the lack of synchronisation for other clubs , (previously mentioned), is taken into account, the decision was made to include the nominated results from the participating clubs for the general postal match results and to also add or include the SCC results into the Postal Summary for all who attended the SCC.

This arrangement has the advantage that, some SCC attendees who do not have participating home clubs, have their IBS 1000yd BR efforts and results officially recognised.

From my perspective, I also believe that the inclusion of the SCC results as a separate identity in the Postals, in some small way, recognises and rewards those who are prepared to outlay the expense, time and effort to attend the SCC matches.

Hopefully this makes some sense :?: :?: if so please please send a PM and re -explain it to me :lol: :lol:

cheers
dave g

PS -all going to plan and with a bit of luck, if the interest and motivation continues locally, and we are again recognised by the IBS, and if our sponsors are supportive, then the Postals and the SCC will again be scheduled for 2016.
Last edited by dg on Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Re: 2105 ExtraVision-Optimus Projectiles 1000yd BR Championship Results

Post by The Raven »

2105? Doubt I'll be around then, but at least I know who to bet on then :D