2014 SCC

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
Tony Z
.270 Winchester

Re: 2014 SCC

Post by Tony Z »

I reckon right about now Jacko has 5 loads being tested on one gun, 3 on another just in case the first plays up. Then there is the "other" barrels just in case there is a problem. Only man i know that has a 4 ft long drop tube :mrgreen: It is most definitely worth the price of entry just to watch Jacko test loads.
Best of luck to all.
dg
25/06 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6x47 lapua

Post by dg »

not a bad practise day.

light nw, downrange and sw breezes enabled all to establish zeroes and tweak their loads.

no doubt, same scenario tomorrow with today's arrivals participating.

Mr Harrison and Mr Bending had their HG's humming in the conditions, with Mr Saligari and Mr Armstrong on the ball in the LG class.

Tony and Jeff - we miss your company. Maybe improved or changed circumstances will enable you both to return for the 2015 SCC !!!!

BTW- jacko has never been better organised and prepared. no return trips to victoria required so far!!!

cheers
dave
macca
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 308/6br

Post by macca »

You best have nice conditions tomorrow mate. I`ll need all the help i can get with my light heavy gun. Just into Dubbo now. Looking forward to catching up and getting some rounds down range.
Cheers
Tony Z
.270 Winchester

Post by Tony Z »

DG i find that extraordinary that Jacko is organized. My guess is it will fall in a heap come game day :mrgreen:

As for Jeff and i, well JR reckons he will be there next year, but for me i shot my last 1K at Narromine last year. Unfortunately i have zero interest in competition shooting and a massive interest in the scenery at the beach volleyball courts. Somewhat more appealing than that of some hairy ass crack sitting at a bench 8) or the elements of the Fourth Reich at the new range here in Townsville.

Have a great shoot guys. I'm off to shoot Bambi tomorrow
jacksaligari
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6br

Post by jacksaligari »

Jacko thought he'd left his front bench at the cabin for a start then he thought he'd left his last wind flag at home then he lost his scope caps for 5 minutes and that was the first half hour Jacko organized
Still working on heavy gun load
john mc
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x47

Post by john mc »

Hi All good to hear that every thing is happening for Jacko and the rest of the guys --- we will be there tomorrow afternoon ( friday ) to catch up with every one -- i will try and bring some good weather with me -- don't wear out all the good conditions before i get a shot -- john mc :rifle:
mistit
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 220 swift ack

Post by mistit »

Next year no ifs or buts :D
jacksaligari
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6br

Post by jacksaligari »

Another great weekend big thx to Dave and the rest off the crew up there good to catch up with everybody again and to meet some new shooters congrats to Jacko and trev on there ibs heavy and light gun group wins and jeff h for score
dg
25/06 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6x47 lapua

Post by dg »

well, another SCC is done and dusted.

thankyou, to all who attended and for your combined asistance and wonderful cooperation over the 4 days.

without your flexibility and understanding, the "draw" would have been a shambles.

apparently, the "narromine conditions" (ie a bit of wind, a bit of hail, a bit of sleet etc) provided some slightly challenging conditions at times over the 2 days of competition.

the dates for the 2015 SCC, will be the sighting and practise on thursday and friday 25th/26th june, with the 4 target SCC match to run over saturday and sunday the 27th and 28th of june.

For 2015, (in light of yesterdays developments), the N-D SCC will be expanded to 8 details (40 positions)).

as usual, all who attended this year are automatically included in the draw for 2015.

although we have received a number of additional nominations for 2015, if others are genuinely interested in nominating and attending, send a pm via this forum or email to dg1048@yahoo.com.au.

additional nominations who exceed the 40 quota, will be placed on a reserve list.

provided sufficient time is given with any withdrawals, as per this year, many on the reserve list were able to compete.

if it is the case, that, in future, that weather circumstances contribute to the delay or cancellation of either day of competition but the alternate day is completed, results will be based on a 2 target compilation aggregate for that day.

the following photos, say it all :D :D :D

the "wild bunch"

honorary N-D member Tim Pavey

Larry Bartimote and Ray Mulholland

Trevor Armstrong and John McQuire

Young Stuart and Donny

Jeff Harrison

general chit chat

Dave Davo Jim and Lionel

John Lavaring, John McQuire and Trevor

Don and Jack Saligari

Paul Deehan, Peter Varley and Tim

my ole mates (but not so old)

saturday 7am - signs of things to come

jacko setting up and the bench, he generously donated to the N-D IBS 1000yd BR Club

cheers
dave g