Townsville Results 1/9 and 7/9

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
justjeff
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 270 Win

Townsville Results 1/9 and 7/9

Post by justjeff »

Guys,

I have posted the results from last weekend's 1000yd, and yesterday's 500m. Both days were characterised by high wind, with last weekend requiring up to 7 minutes on the scope. That said consecutive sighters would go off the paper left and right, with about 1.5 minutes of mirage to make things interesting. Low numbers of competitors are symtomatic of the turmoil going on in the SSAA club here and other factors. I was pleased to get a 9.3 in the horrific conditions, just not pleased that one of the shots was off paper.

Jeff
Leeroy
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x47 Lapua

Re: Townsville Results 1/9 and 7/9

Post by Leeroy »

justjeff wrote:Guys,

I have posted the results from last weekend's 1000yd, and yesterday's 500m. Both days were characterised by high wind, with last weekend requiring up to 7 minutes on the scope. That said consecutive sighters would go off the paper left and right, with about 1.5 minutes of mirage to make things interesting. Low numbers of competitors are symtomatic of the turmoil going on in the SSAA club here and other factors. I was pleased to get a 9.3 in the horrific conditions, just not pleased that one of the shots was off paper.

Jeff
Geez mate you need to harden up a bit.. We have those conditions in Brisvegas all the time.. :wink: :wink:

Seriously, sounds like you did well to get a 9.3.
Cheers
Leeroy
justjeff
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 270 Win

Re: Townsville Results 1/9 and 7/9

Post by justjeff »

Hi Leeroy,

I said to John Mac that I would be happy with anything under 10 in the conditions, just forget to put centred on the paper on the wish list. The wind would even have put Narromine to shame, and that's saying something. Still, more fun that painting the walls or renovating at home.

Jeff