500 m FLY

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
ratshot
17 Hornet
Favourite Cartridge: 6 dasher

500 m FLY

Post by ratshot »

500 Fly is on this sat at Little river range , anyone on here going . or want to have a crack at it.. cheers Paul..
justjeff
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 270 Win

Re: 500 m FLY

Post by justjeff »

Good luck Paul,
We hope to be shooting fly in Townsville again in the near future.

Jeff
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Creedmoor

Post by Seddo »

I'll be there.

I'm shooting LV with my 6mmBR and HV with the 7mm RSAUM (its not a real heavy gun) IF i get some time to run some rounds over the chrono. The 7 RSAUM has only fired 12 rounds at the moment so i'm just going to see what i need to run to get to 2950 and them shoot a few different loads at 500 to see how it goes.
ratshot
17 Hornet

Post by ratshot »

so seddo you will be doing a lot of cleaning between details then..
ratshot
17 Hornet

Post by ratshot »

Giday Jeff good to hear you can get it up and running again see if you can break TZ range records..
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Creedmoor

Post by Seddo »

ratshot wrote:so seddo you will be doing a lot of cleaning between details then..
Nope, last time out I used the 6mm BR in both classes and I didn't clean it.
justjeff
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 270 Win

Post by justjeff »

Paul,

If we can get the range officially surveyed, we would be able to run a registered match too, that would really put some noses out of joint in Brisbane, and might even lure TZ and JR out of retirement for one last hurrah :twisted:

Jeff
Tony Z
.270 Winchester

Post by Tony Z »

I have never seen, let alone set foot on the new Townsville range. I cant speak for JR but i can assure you i will never shoot on that range. I don't even know how to get there.
But that aside, it is unlikely to go beyond a day of plinking simply because there seems to be a lack of understanding that to run a registered match of any sort, the range needs to be properly surveyed and comply with that thing called a rule book. Yet they still nominate for Hunter matches etc???? Unless Jeff H does it for them, it won't be done.
For those wishing to have a plink at some time it should be of interest that i was recently told that through a military connection, read loophole, this range will soon have a .338" template. I find it extremely hard to fathom but the source is reliable. I will believe it when i get told by others seeing it. Bad news is no brakes allowed in Fly, officially. But for a plink who cares apart from an RO?

But i have made no secret of the fact that if Mackay has a SOTY Fly i will be there.
john mc
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x47

Post by john mc »

Hello Tony great to hear that you would shoot a SOTY Shoot in Mackay --- we are on the way to being able to shoot 500m on our range -- an inspection from Firearms Branch is the next step in the equasion -
we have had to overcome a lot of opposition from within our own orginisation to get this far --
i will keep you informed on how we progress with our 500m fly range
john mc :rifle:
Tony Z
.270 Winchester

Post by Tony Z »

Paul have a good shoot at LR tomorrow.

Good to hear the news John. Unfortunately i heard about the foaming at the mouth and little foot stamping episode coming from one quarter. It would appear thou shall not challenge the authority of the chosen ones lest you be cast off into the wilderness to roam the rifle ranges not sanctioned, or rather, blessed to behold the prize known as SOTY. You have been blessed John. :mrgreen:
ratshot
17 Hornet

Post by ratshot »

well Little River had some wind to keep things interesting , knocked a few flags over and lost a couple of tails
but no mirage what so ever , could see 22 cal holes all day at 500 m . the new range is good but still tricky, thanks to the local boys for putting on a great shoot and Luke from Pro-cal for the sponsorship...
Maybe we could get some more to have a go of this forum for the November fly shoot....
ratshot
17 Hornet

Post by ratshot »

Wagga 500m and 300m fly is on this weekend hope the weather is good..
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by MISSED »

Forecast looks good

Luck to all that are going
kickinback
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 260 Rem

Post by kickinback »

Thanks Andrew. I hope to hit the target at least once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chappo555
.220 Swift
Favourite Cartridge: 6mmbr

Post by chappo555 »

With me spotting for you, well you have no hope!